Current Art



In addition to my joining of a ceramics class, I have also enrolled in a basic print making class as well. Here are a few pictures of my first linocut prints. To make a basic print you start with an original drawing on a piece of paper and then transfer it to a block of material. Then you cut out all the parts you want to remain white, so in my print I wanted the flower to be black so I cut out the background. When printing the image, I rolled black ink onto the image surface and placed a piece of paper on top and rubbed the backside of the paper with a wooden spoon. This helps transfer the ink off the block onto the paper. 


I made a total of five final works in my series...each one is considered an individual art work. 



Comments

Natasha Ann said…
That looks really cool!
Shantelle Mary said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shantelle Mary said…
I tagged you for The Liebster Award, if you're interested! ;)

http://shantellemary.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-liebster-award-x-2.html
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the tag Shantelle, but I don't know enough bloggers to tag eleven.
Shantelle Mary said…
I understand. Finding enough people to tag is always a struggle! You can still do it and not tag anyone if you want ... I've seen other bloggers do that. Anyway, just an option! :)