Photo of the Day


Here's a throw back to my summer in Washington. This picture was take on Silver Star mountain during sunset. I camped on the mountain and viewing a sunset from a mountain is one of my favorite experiences. Although there wasn't a lot of different colors, it was beautiful in a pure, stripped down way. The sun cast its rays across the foothills in a few basic colors, seemingly in purest form. You could almost feel the sunset in the complete stillness. There wasn't a sound, except for a calm, cool breeze drifting serenely over the mist. It must be because I am a Minnesota flatlander, but I have never felt so close to the sky. I've flow on planes many times but I've never experienced the sky in such a way as I did on that little mountain. I had a great feeling of peace and closeness to the creator.

Comments

This picture is beautiful. <3
I get the same feeling on that mountain :)
Natasha Ann said…
Wow, so beautiful!
That must've been an awesome experience! God's creation is amazing. :)